Social Icons

.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Face Color Test


 After watching a youtube artist demonstrating his coloring methods, which you can watch here:


I decided to try my own version without looking at any references.

I started with the LineART, because I’ve been having trouble getting smooth lines in Photoshop. When it came to painting the face, I wanted to try the technique seen by the artist, but it wasn’t working for me. I continued to add and delete from the face, pushing and pulling lines, until he started look more semi-realistic rather than anime.

Still working with him, but so far I’m pleased with how he’s turned out. This was meant to be the main character from the Wisdom Novels® series, Ketih Larson (aka Master Wisdom).

So here's my little face study: Program used - Photoshop.


No comments: