Social Icons

.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Book 'Em at Lumberton, NC

I had a such a wonderful time in Lumberton, NC this weekend. The people were so friendly. Thanks to Trish Terrell, who organaized the Book ‘Em event, everything went smooth.

For those who aren’t familiar with Book Em, it’s a free book event and open to the public to promote literacy and stop crime. Proceeds go to various programs to help achieve this goal.

This year, the event was held at Robeson Community College on the first and second floor, from 9:30am – 4:00pm. Authors displayed their books on long tables throughout the hallways. It was a huge hit! I saw people loaded down with books, so I hope that all the authors received some sales for the day.

I love attending the Book ‘Em events! I’ve gotten to know quite a few authors this way, and I even made some new friends. Since I’m also an illustrator, there’s some possibility that authors may need future art. There were a few authors that had a few covers I’d previously done for them, one of them fairly recent: a CD cover for author Dirk Robertson. Such a terrific guy! I love his Scottish accent. His short story was presented on a CD, called Black, Watch, & Tartan. Then there was Jean Keating. Her book, Love’s Enduring Bond, featured a romance-themed illustration. And, of course, Trish Terrell featured Songbird’s Are Free and River Passage, two historical book covers I’d worked on for her.

I’m very proud of my work!

This year, Trish and I shared a table. We were settle near the main doors, so our table was pretty much the first one you see when entering the main hallway. Trish’s books were selling like hotcakes! Since I never know about what crowds are looking for, I only brought about 20 books his year. Within a couple of hours I had hit my first sales. By lunchtime I was done to 13, and by closing time I was sold out! What a great way to end the day!

To those who bought books, I hope you enjoy. I’ll try to keep the blogs updated as much as possible with new artwork and writing. For those who were looking for book one and I was sold out, you can reach all the links through my main website: www.WisdomNovel.s.com

I hope to see everyone again next year! Have a happy, productive writing day and safe travel home!

No comments: